Osaka is the 3rd largest city in Japan (the population is about 4.5 millions in 2022), and is one of the most popular sightseeing spots in Japan, attracting no less than 12 millions guests from abroad in 2019. It has developed as a merchant city and become one of the important hub cities for Japan’s economy as well. The city is well known for an easy-going atmosphere, which probably has been cultivated by the living people with deep humanity since the long peaceful years of the Edo period. Osaka, which is also known as “The city of Comedy”, has a lot of charming sightseeing spots, not only the representative historical “must-visit place” such as Osaka-jyo Castle but big facilities in such a big city; for example, Universal Studios in Japan, Abeno Harukas (The tallest building in Japan, 300 m), and Umeda Sky Building. You mustn’t forget visiting Dotonbori and Shinsai-bashi area, where you can enjoy nice “Class B Gurume” such as “Takoyaki” (Octopus dumpling), “Okonomi-yaki” (Savory pancake with various ingredients) and crispy “Kushikatsu” (Skewer dish with bite-sized meats and vegetables).
Osaka-jyo Castle (大阪城)
Umeda Sky Building (梅田スカイビル)
Osaka EXPO Park (万博公園)
Evening Tour around Dotonbori, Shinsai-bashi and Jyan-Jyan Back Street (“コテコテ”の大阪！)
- 40,000 JPY
- 11 Hours
- 1~5 people
Meeting PointAt your staying hotel in Osaka or Kyoto
- Osaka-jyo Castle (大阪城): Hideyoshi’s headquarters built in 1598, when the top warlord completed dominating the whole country of Japan
- Umeda Sky Building (梅田スカイビル): Umeda Sky Building is the 40-story high-rise (173 meters high) twin buildings, the top of which is connected by the observation deck. You can enjoy 360 degree panoramic view, including Awaji Island (more than 70km away) when the sky is clear
- Osaka EXPO Park (The cite of Japan World Exposition, Osaka 1970)
- Dotonbori (道頓堀): “Dotonbori River Cruise” is a 20 minutes’ short boat ride along the center of the amusement area. You can fully enjoy a variety of huge neon-billboards and garish but humorous performances as well on the both sides of the old canal
- Evening Tour around Dotonbori, Shinsai-bashi and Jyan-Jyan Back Street: You mustn't miss this "Mingle-Mangle" Views of Genuine Osaka!
Ending PointAt your staying hotel or a place where you think it convenient for your party
What to Expect
Osaka: You can enjoy everything here in the easy-going big city where all the people there, especially “Oba-chan” (a middle-aged woman) must be so friendly to give you a candy. (^^♪
Inclusions & Exclusions
1) Admission / Entrance Fee (For Tourists): Approximately 2,500 (Two Thousand and Five Hundred) JPY Each at a Maximum for One Day.
2) Transportation (For Tourists and the Guide): Less than 2,500 (Two Thousand and Five Hundred) JPY Each at a Maximum for One Day.
3) Lunch and/or Dinner (For Tourists): Less than 2,500 (Two Thousand and Five Hundred) JPY Each at a Maximum.
4) Any Unexpected Cost (For Tourists): Less than 1,000 (One Thousand) JPY Each at a Maximum.
1) The tour consists of one day excursion, starting 8:30 AM to 19:30 (7:30 PM).
2) Meeting Schedule:
- 8:30 AM at your staying hotel (Start)
- 19:30 PM at your staying hotel: Arrive (Tour end)
3) Peak Season: The destination spots may slightly change due to seasonal situation, after getting an approval from the guests
4) Two-days or three-days tour is also available for specific regions in Kyoto, or Nara or Osaka, on your request.
1) Free cancellation – 10 days prior to meeting time
2) 50% Refund – 9 to 3 days prior to meeting time
3) No Refund – Within 2 day(s) prior to meeting time
Yoshi was very informative, knowledgeable, time conscious, kind, humble, and considerate. We asked a lot of questions because we truly wanted to understand the Japanese culture, and he -answered them with honesty. We are 69 years old and he often asked us: can you walk 15 minutes to a certain location or can you walk up the stairs? He seemed to be very sensitive about our health mobility. Although he is about our age, he has great wisdom and much more energy than we did. We would highly recommend him.
Dear Linda san, and Mike san I was so happy to be able to share the time with you on the 18th. Thank you for your lavish words to this amateurish tour guide. I was glad to know that both of you were listening in earnest, when I explained about the histories and the related episodes, with what little knowledge I have. I already sent my "Homeworks" to your e-mail address, and will send all the photos in a week, as I promised. Again, I was really lucky to get acquainted with the nice couple from Louisiana. From Yoshi
Hello, Yoshi. Reached home safely.
Thank you for the lovely photographs. I was able to download them. You may want to use some of the photographs, if you wish to. Thanks again for your help. Subramanium
Re: Tour Guide around Kyoto and Nara for the 5 Wonderful Families from US - KOHOKU Tour
"Massively Wonderful Research Tour around KOHOKU" with Yoshi, a Licensed Tour Guide
The "research tour" conducted by your guide was perfectly fruitful.
Since I have had an interest in Lake Yogo and its surrounding hamlets, I've been eager to make the on-the-spot research there. That's why I asked your help, since you were born and grown at a small village of Kawanami (the north-west of Lake Yogo) and have abundant knowledge about KOHOKU.
My "research tour" was 2days. On the 1st day, you kindly showed me every spot in your home-village of Kawanami and around the Lake, spending no less than 5 hours. I thought afresh Kawanami was wonderful, walking round the fantastic hamlet and seeing its beautiful landscape. And I felt happy enough to be able to have a good chance to exchange greetings with many village people there. And I was lucky to hear very interesting stories as well about their lives and scenes of olden days from a nice old man who has lived there all his life. On the 2nd day, you guided me around the nearby town of Kinomoto, which used to be a post-station town with a long history, didn't you? You brought me to that historically famous old battlefield, Shizugatake, the amazing view from which I'll never forget. And when we walked around the area along the Niu river, I was impressed a lot, imagining about the days of old hamlets that have already disappeared from a map, due to a dam construction schedule. All the spots that you guided were so colorful and informative. Thank you, Yoshi.
And you've been very kind to take actively a proper care of incorporating additional spots that I wanted to visit, even after the initial itinerary. If I had no help of your guide and did it myself, I definitely couldn't visit such wonderful places. I was fully satisfied with your nice guiding around KOHOKU. Thank you, again, Yoshi!
Haruka san, the "Research Tour" with you around KOHOKU was so pleasant and a good lesson for me, too. I was honored to be with a hard-working student like you. Thank you, From YoshiOct., 28 (Fri.), 2022
Yoshi is an excellent guide! He is a hard-working and wonderful ambassador for his country. Yoshi takes his work seriously and is scrupulously prepared. His care for his clients really shows. He went above and beyond for us. Yoshi is very well-informed about so much, including Japanese history, current Japanese affairs, and the flowers and trees of Japan. He is interesting, energetic, kind, and hospitable. Our only wish was that we had more time with Yoshi! We are grateful we met him.
Dear Julie san and Ron san. Thank you very much for your nice feedback. As our mission as a tour guide is, of course, to insure our customers' satisfaction, I've believed (as a former Quality Engineer) that we have to do our maximum effort, sacrificing our short lunch and rest time. I'm so glad to know that you kindly felt a touch of it. Again, I was extremely happy to be able to have an opportunity to go around the best spots with you and Ron san yesterday. Thank you, PS: I will try not to be a "Crybaby" any more. From Yoshi Apr., 19 (Fri.), 2019; 22:23
Yoshi was very knowledgeable on all the places he took us for the two days we were in Osaka. He picked us up at our hotel. Planned the day according to what we wanted to see and the activities we were interested in. I have a bad knee and stairs were a problem, he made a lot of effort to accommodate this. For this I am very impressed. He definitely went over and beyond. Our family had a great time and will be beyond. Thank you Yoshi San! -- Sheila Cemer Houston Texas
Sheila san and your handsome family members: Thank you very much for your lavish word to this amateurish tour guide. I have to appreciate you, giving me the opportunity to go around here and there in the merchants' city under brisk winter sky. I'll never forget the fantastic memory with you and your family. PS: Have you successfully been able to open all the pictures that I took for your family?